Sunday, June 08, 2014

Grown-up/still small, writing news and stocks.

1. Alec boldly says he will sit in the waiting room while I see the physio -- but decides to come in with me at the last minute. I love the fact that he's even contemplating such a grown-up thing.

2. To bump into a writer friend in the butchers and to mention -- for the first time in actual spoken words -- an idea I'm playing with to use up some of this mummy-writing material (by which I mean all the funny little stories about the children). It's lovely to have friends who ask the sort of questions that allow one to share this sort of news. I don't know what the butcher thought, though.

3. The cinnamon scent of stocks on the High Street flower stall.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...