Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sleeping late, for babies and keeping track.

1. This morning we can sleep late because Nick is working from home. I love to roll over and lie deep and warm under the covers with him at my back.

2. I take Alec to the stay and play session in the children's centre. I like to bring him to a place specifically designed with babies in mind, with all sorts of exciting toys that he doesn't have at home. He isn't impressed by the crocodile puppet, or the donkey, but a striped Muppety creature makes him grin like a loon.

3. Nick has been tracking Alec's growth on a graph of his own devising. He reports that our baby has increased his weight by 15 per cent in the last two months!

Coffee, just passing and flowers on the bank.

1. Unexpectedly, a chance for a coffee and a gossip. Our slower times have converged again. 2. I make a short (and rapid so I'm not noti...