Saturday, August 06, 2011

Snortle, beans and rescue with red balloon.

1. I push Alec in the swing and he does a snortly laugh, that makes me laugh, too.

2. It's a day of doorbells. Joe has brought us a bag of tender broad beans and lemon yellow courgettes, which we enjoy for supper. The first time we met in real life, he gave me runner beans -- it was about this time of year, and I reckon this is the post. I think I forgot to show you this post of Joe's, by the way.

3. It's on the calender, but I've forgotten that Caroline is coming round in difficult hour between the end of the afternoon and supper. She has a red balloon for Alec, and we are both pleased to see her.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...