Sunday, September 18, 2011

Jump, give me that disc and toffee apples.

1. Alec laughs when I jump up and down to adjust the sling. He is a bit of a thrill-seeker, I'm afraid.

Picture by Paul Viney
2. Spotting PaulV across a crowded room at a launch party. As he is a photographer, he turns up unexpectedly at all sorts of random events, and of course I'm always pleased to see him -- but this time I know he has a disc of pictures that I am particularly keen to get hold of.

3. I smell apples and  remember the pan I left on the stove. Nick leaps up and saves the day with a bit of water and some quick stirring. "They're a bit brown," he says doubtfully. But when I come to taste them, they don't seem so much burnt as caramelised.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little boy! Thanks for posting the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wynn Anne! Of all the things I've ever created, I think I've had more compliments about Alec than anything else. And that included this blog.

    I'm going to be a bit sad when the time comes for me to turn the compliments away from myself and on to him -- because one day (I don't know how far off it is) I will look at him and I will see that he is more his own work than my work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is adorable. It's been fun to see him grow through your words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been very good at reading your blog recently, but have just had a lovely twenty minutes catching up. Even though Zack isn't much older than Alec, I love the way I'm reminded about little details I was starting to forget!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lynn and Angela. I'm glad you're enjoying it. And I'm pleased to hear I'm catching those little details.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.