Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Get out, runaway and bread.

1. Lunch has fallen apart. It's five to twelve and all I have is a pan of raw vegetables and lumps of frozen stock. Thank heavens there's a branch of Wagamama just up the hill.

2. Alec is fretting at the pushchair straps and I want to check out the cheese book that the shop assistant has just handed me. I let Alec loose, thinking that he'll sit on the floor and play with baby. Wrong. He sets off almost at a run. For a heart stopping moment, he disappears from view. I go after him and bring him back. "Stay where I can see you." He's off again, baby under one arm. He is giggling as if this is the funniest thing that has ever happened to him, and if he could talk, he'd be saying: "Chase me, chase me!"

3. Sourdough bread.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...