1. The post brings a letter from Jen in the North* and a parcel containing a strange blue wobbly thing for Alec.
2. I was worried that I'd scared Alec with the blue wobbly thing -- because he kept jumping back whenever I squeezed it to make it puff up, and whenever I shook it to make the tentacle-hairs ripple. But when we get back in from the park, he immediately asked for lulu. When I said I didn't know what a lulu was, he went and pulled the blue wobbly thing out of Nick's slipper.
3. "New dishcloths," says Nick.** "You really know how to make me happy."
* She included her Three Beautiful Things:
1. To get the bus somewhere and take in the scenery after years of car driving and not having time.
2. Changing seasons: As I walk the dog, the sun shines but I can smell Autumn coming from Scotland (My Dad says it starts there first).
3. Meeting. To pour out your problems and worries in a room full of people who have the same ones.
**He'd got over the blue wobbly thing by this point.