Monday, April 21, 2014

Proper rain, wet weather and accounts.

1. A day when it rains properly -- a day when we know it's going to rain properly. It rains great miserable columns from just after breakfast.

2. To catch Alec and efficiently wrestle him into his rain gear (I think he let me win) so Nick can take him out. I have to sing 'Greenland' because Godfather Tibby once remarked that Alec's rain trousers made him look like a fisherman.

3. I have been having trouble getting round to our household accounts. Nick gathers up all the papers for me so that I can begin. He points out firmly but very kindly: "It's one of those tasks that isn't so bad if you don't leave it for six months."

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...