Monday, May 26, 2008

The rain has come, one worker and pulp.

1. There is smell of wet woods and growing things, as if the Common has drunk deeply in the rain and has let out a fragrant sigh into the sunshine.

2. At the edge of the cricket ground, on a Sunday when everyone else is playing or walking or simply looking on, a serious teenage girl sits studying from a language book.

3. Putting on a pulpy podcast and curling up on the sofa to thrill at the adventures of Doc Savage and the crimson-fingered man who is trying to kill him.

4 comments:

  1. This post deserves a comment if only because it deserves appreciation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're enjoying The Man of Bronze podcast. Without Doc, we wouldn't have today's superheroes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The post about the teenage girl really made me smile. Four years ago that would have been me (up the road in Tonbridge!), studying for my language A levels. And today I just took one of my university finals in languages. I hope whatever she's studying for goes well.
    Thank you so much for this blog, as well as cheering me up it reminds me of home. Happy Bank Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard there is an exorbitant amount of rain from another blogger..

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.