Monday, February 23, 2009

The speaker, time and knitting.

1. I went to hear a writing friend read and speak in a short story discussion. The people in front of me caught her in the viewfinder of their camera again and again.

2. After an uncalculated saunter towards a train leaving at an uncertain time I walk into the station with ten minutes to spare.

3. Knitting with plastic bags is rather satisfying. I used the instructions at Atomic Shrimp to make the yarn, and then knitted it up on needles in the usual fashion. I'm not sure what I'll use the result for -- I'm aware of the irony of using about 100 plastic bags to make one shopping bag. I might go for a bag for carrying my water bottle.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for coming, Clare, it was lovely to meet you! Sorry if my family members took photos all the way through, they couldn't get the camera working properly.

    I have been knitting with plastic bags too, will check out Atomic Shrimp to see if they have some new tips. A water bottle bag is a brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't mind them taking pictures -- I thought it was lovely that they did it over and over to get the best picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Clare for the links to the nifty bags knit from plastic bag "yarn". I can't wait to try this. I've (alas) got plenty of raw materials for creating one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For your water bottle, you might do better with cotton or wool, something that can absorb the condensation on a humid day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary -- that's a good thought.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.