Friday, February 13, 2009

Got you, work done and snowfall.

1. We came across this story and picture of a rescued dormouse dozing on a rose. Katie-at-work said she thought it was awful that they took advantage of a wild animal like that. I said: 'Well you're going to hate the pictures of it dressed in a tiny clown suit, then.' And then she didn't believe anything I told her for the rest of the day -- including that a pack of wild dogs was loose in Canterbury.

2. Going through my art portfolio and seeing that some of the drawings I did in the early days are not that bad -- almost likeable, even. Our teacher explains that because of the time gap, I'm able to step away from them and judge them dispassionately without ideas about what I think I can and can't do getting in the way.

3. Snow flakes kiss down on to my umbrella.

7 comments:

  1. I love the little dormouse -- and the kind people caring for it! I am currently hosting a tree frog who just showed up in my kitchen. I've made him a little habitat and buy crickets for him (5 crickets a week say the conservation people). Once spring is here, I'm sure he will want to go on his way, but for now, he seems to think he's pretty lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary -- you're pretty lucky too to have such a guest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Clare. He's very interesting and hardly any trouble. I've been taking pictures and writing his story. I have also recorded him singing, and the Apple geniuses showed me how to make an mp3 of it, so I can e-mail it. It's rather fun! Someone said he's happy here because I've done so much to make a healthy little eco-home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you put it on-line, do let me know: I'd be interested to see it (and hear your MP3)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll talk with my webmistress. Meanwhile, you can hear a bit of me on my site, storytellermary.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. snow flakes kissing down - love that image

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.