Monday, May 18, 2009

Trick of the light, cherries and wet wool.

Today is Three Beautiful Things' fifth birthday. I can't quite believe I've been going for five years -- that's 1,825 days, and 5,475 beautiful things (plus a few extra for the days when I couldn't pick just three).

Thanks for reading everyone -- I really appreciate your company and your comments.

For anyone in the Tunbridge Wells area, I'll be at the Guinea Butt on Calverley Road from 6.30pm. Come over and celebrate with me.

1. Sunlight and shadow from the cupressus tree play on the wall outside the kitchen window.

2. Discovering that our nearest newsagents is a source of Polish cherry jaffacakes.

3. The lanolin smell of a wool jumper drying.

8 comments:

  1. Happy birthday 3BT's. I give you jelly, ice cream, glasses of fizz and little party bags made of iridescent scrumply cellophane tied with a curly ribbon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogiversary, Clare! Five years' worth of daily blogging -- particularly in such a positive way -- is a huge accomplishment. Congratulations! And thank you.

    -sprite
    spritewrites.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the inspiration you have given me and others. A toast to you from far away -

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on five beautiful years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely blog you have here! hello :) 'lanolin' is a wonderful word

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 5th and many many more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blog Birthday, it's been great reading.

    I hope you had a nice gathering.

    Those jaffacakes sound very special!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.