Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Two years, wildlife and inside the barrel.

1. Nick wakes me up and to tell me I'm his two-year girl. It's hard to believe that it's the second anniversary of our meeting at Tim and Rachel's wedding -- sometimes it seems as if we've been together since always; other times it seems we are walking into new territory.

2. A church round the corner has an embroidery exhibition. To give me a change from the flat's four walls, we go and have a look. My favourite was a pair of blue egg-shaped panels covered in lacy white images of magnified planckton and algae.

3. BBC2's South Pacific documentary included footage filmed inside a 12ft high breaking wave that left me with my mouth hanging open.

3 comments:

  1. You are a beautiful soul, Clare! I am melting at the "two-year girl" comment. Ooohh...squeeze that Nick for being so romantic! I think I left that phase, oh, I don't know, about 22 years ago....it is the little things that make big differences. I can tell that Nick is that little thing in your life.
    Enjoy the day! Hope you are feeling better!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you are so lovely. Congrats on two beautiful years together!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I have been together for about 18 years, and I feel the same - sometimes it feels like forever, sometimes it feels like it's all brand new.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.