Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Hair, luck and preparation.

I got some super good news yesterday: I've placed a 100-word story in GW Thomas' Flashshot. It'll appear on October 10. If horror, sci fi and fantasy are your passion, but you don't have much time, subscribe (for free) and get a daily story sent to your inbox.

1. Louise the hairdresser comes to show me what she's got in mind for my wedding day. She bundles me up in heated rollers, which puts Shirley Temple curls in my dead-straight hair. There is just time to boing one before she brushes them out again. Once it's done, she shows me in the mirror how she has arranged it to show off the colour variations caused by the sun.

2. I get a call from the Bureau de Change. The envelope of 100 euros that I lost on Thursday while shopping has been handed in. I am jaw-droppingly fortunate.

3. We clear out my old bedroom so I can sleep there the night before the wedding, and get ready in the morning.

Picture by Stock.xchng

6 comments:

  1. is the wedding real soon it sounds like?How blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding #2, It's wonderful to be reminded of the good in people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely, lovely. Sounds like you've had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely. How will you narrow it down to three on the big day I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you Clare. Is the wedding day soon? Will we, your devoted readers see a photo of the event?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just nine weeks now.

    I almost certainly won't stick to three things on the day.

    And yes, we'll put some photos up for you all to see.

    We're very excited, as you can imagine. Can't quite believe it's coming so soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.