Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The joke, sky and cookies.

1. I have an appointment at the hospital to sign up for clerical voluntary work. My bus is late, and I scramble to find the office among the builder's hoardings and the temporary footpaths. When I get there, I put my head round the door and say I have an appointment with the volunteer officer. "He's not in today." I am now dismayed as well as disarrayed. And then I recognise the Welsh accent from my phone conversations, and I laugh with relief.

2. Out here on the hillside, the sky is large and wonderful -- vaulted wet blue and ribbed with streamers of high white cloud and drifts of macintosh grey raincloud.

3. After supper, warming two cookies in the pancake pan.

1 comment:

  1. #2&#3 make your day sound absolutely idyllic...all making up for #1!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.