Friday, November 30, 2012

Newborn, wake up and someone else's problem.

1. In the small hours, Nick hears Alec whimper and gently sends me downstairs to join Alec in the big bed. Alec is bobbing his head and snuffling across the sheet as he searches for bub -- he used to do that as a newborn, but I'd forgotten all about it.

2. I like it when Alec wakes up from his nap and comes to find me, wherever I am in the house -- it's the cheery "Harro, Mummy!" that gets me every time.

3. When I lift Alec off my shoulders as we arrive at nursery, I smell a funny smell. Oh well, it's someone else's problem now (sorry, lovely nursery staff).

2 comments:

  1. That is a cute post-nap greeting. I bet he's a great napper. Naptime is a little stressful for me right now. My 2 1/2 year-old is fighting it something fierce, but when he does wake up from one, I make sure to praise him for being such a good little rest-taker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hillary, sometimes he goes out like a light; other times he's bouncing around for hours. Because Alec is my only one, we have plenty of flexibility, so can give up and try again later.

    And I know there will come a day when he will stop napping altogether... Eeep! When did your big ones drop it?

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.