Thursday, February 14, 2013

At the kitchen table, more Isabel and last of the light.

1. I make a little treat for myself while Alec is napping -- but when the milk is nearly warmed through I hear his feet on the stairs. "Ho' choc'la'?" he says with a lot of hope in his voice. I pour half of it into his Peter Rabbit mug and we sit together at the kitchen table.

2. Last night I discovered a zydeco version of Alec's favourite poem, The Adventures of Isabel. I play it for for him while we drink our chocolate. The smile that spreads across his face when he recognises it.

3. Last of the light on this cold day. Singing blackbird crouched a-top our little willow tree.

Box of books, lighter coat and child asleep.

1. There is a heavy box of new books waiting on the stairs. 2.  There's a warmth to the air that makes me wonder if I should have put on...