Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Good morning, cafe lunch and from the top.

1. It's a good morning: Alec sleeps until half past eight, and then eats an entire bowlful of porridge with less mucking around than normal.

2. The way scampi keep disappearing off my plate; and the way Alec asks to get down so that he can join his friend pressing buttons on the vending machines. I like to see a pair of two-year-old heads bowed over a small mischief.

3. Nick sings from memory one of Alec's favourite songs, I Saw a Ship A-Sailing. He doesn't forget a single one of the four-and-twenty white mice (that's the line I always stumble on when I'm not concentrating).

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...