Thursday, February 21, 2013

With me, our old toys and fudge.

My former colleague Me Ginger Writer has written a 3BT post and said that I have the self-discipline of a zen master, which is rather pleasing.

1. Alec wakes with a cheerful "Hallo Mummy!", says he wants to stay in bed with me (instead of "helping" Nick get dressed) and actually asks for a nappy change (instead of denying all knowledge of nappies and bottoms).

2. Aunty Biddy comes bringing some of our old toys to pass on to Alec -- Rosey's Fisherprice record player, and our toy farm (with Robert's comprehensive collection of incomprehensible machinery). It's really good to see them again -- the plinky-plunky sound quality of the record player makes me feel particularly nostalgic.

3. Salted caramel fudge.

Bud vase, tomato and the poem I needed to hear.

1. Among the faded cut daffodils that I'm putting on the compost heap there is one that will do for another day in a bud vase. 2. For th...