Saturday, June 19, 2004

Florals, mystery and golden flowers.

1. Two more parcels: one smells of flowery bath things and came from Aunty Biddy and co.

2. The other was a bit of a mystery. In the end, I tore off the cardboard, assuming there would be a parcel inside. There wasn't - but what was in there was nearly as nice. It was a disc with a submission for the next writers' newsletter - which means I don't have to write it all myself - and a book. Raymond Nickford has been reading his intensly spooky psychological novel Mister Kreasey's Demon at the writers' group I go to. Reading out loud to other writers helps the editing process in nit-picky ways. But now his book is published - how exciting is that? There was also a kind note in which he described my writing as 'bubbly' and 'Wodehousian'.

3. Bright yellow ragwort growing on the edge of the common.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...