Friday, June 11, 2004

Stroll in the park, I'll eat what I like and a shaming addiction.

1. Walking back across the park at 8pm and seeing fathers playing with their kids on the swings.

2. Not sitting down to a proper supper. I ate cold new potatoes in olive oil and salt and pepper while my tiny lamb chop grilled. Then I gnawed on the chop, dipping it in tomato sauce on a side plate.

3. My name's Clare, and I can't stop playing stupid games on Fenella's boyfriend's Nintendo 64. I've been working on Zelda: Ocarina of Time for about six weeks now, and I'm still only halfway through. It's vast and and it's beautiful. It's just difficult enough to be challenging, but easy enough that I don't get stuck and cross. The environment is incredibly detailed - it's a pleasure just to wander round Hyrule enjoying the scenery. I was very distressed when I woke from seven years' sleep in the Temple of Time to discover that the evil Ganondorf had trashed the place.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...