Saturday, June 05, 2004

Passion, vodka and musical thrills.

This is set in my old university city.
Posted by Hello
1. Disappearing into a book so that hours passed and I didn't notice. It was The Benefits of Passion by Catherine Fox. It's about a woman who finds love despite being a sexually repressed trainee vicar. She's writing an erotic novel about seducing trainee vicars.

2. My new favourite drink - a variation on Moscow Mule. Put a finger of ginger cordial in a highball glass. Add rather more than a finger of vodka. Chuck in ice and a bit of lemon. Top up with water. It's very refreshing in sticky, still weather.

3. Surprises in my record collection. On rainy days I buy them ten at a time from charity shops, getting all excited about discovering tracks that I really want. Then it takes ages to get round to listening to them. Because of this, I hardly know what I've got, so every time I go through the pile, I get the thrills all over again.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...