Monday, June 07, 2004

Reasons to love a hangover, little conkers and twin Peakes.

1. A friend texted asking how I was. 'Hungover'. He replied that he quite liked being hungover at times. Which made me think of all the reasons why I like being hungover. An excuse to stay in bed and avoid painting the bathroom. An excuse to lie in the park and let the sun warm my aching hangover bones.

2. Seeing tiny conker bobbles on horse chestnut trees.

3. Paul V, who doesn't do books, spending ages in my bathroom because he found a book of Mervyn Peake's sketches and poetry. Paul V is a bit addicted to Gormenghast, which is a bit of a puzzle as it can seem impenetrable. I think it's best just to shut up and read, and I am thrilled that Paul has caught this. It's so exciting when people love the same books as me.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...