Wednesday, February 14, 2007

He's a baby, herbs and romance.

1. Douglas has shaved his head and looks like a large baby.

2. On Monday my parents bought us a bag of bayleaves and rosemary. I wreathe the bayleaves over the mirror so they can dry out. I add bayleaf to most of my meat dishes almost unconsciously but I don't notice the spicy, resiny taste except by its absence if I forget to add one. I won't deal with the rosemary until our veggie box comes on Thursday. It'll include apples in a paper bag that I can put the rosemary in while it dries. That way, the needles don't shed everywhere.

3. Oli saying that although he hadn't got a Valentine's card for his wife yet, he had written her a song. Oli told us on Monday that he is going to be a father, which caused much celebration in the office. We called people in so we could watch him telling them.

PS: The idea of gratitude journals comes up quite often in the comments, so some of you might be interested in what Dr Michelle Tempest's post about feeling and expressing gratitude.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...