Friday, August 10, 2007

Hay bales, greeting and family life.

1. The hay has been cut and baled. I like standing at a gate and looking up a hill to see the huge round bales standing against the sky line.

2. On my walk, I hear a miaow and a tinkle. A slender tortoise shell cat comes running across a garden to see what I am up to.

3. Another diner spots us gazing into each other's eyes. -- 'Don't do that: you'll end up with children.' He indicates his clutch of tweenies sitting at the table behind us. We laugh and he pays his bill. As he leaves the restaurant he adds: 'Don't mind me. Having children was the best thing that ever happened to me.'

11 comments:

  1. can you imagine running through life and not ewmbracing it as you do - sandy a cancer survivor

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I put my mind to it, I expect so, Sandy.

    Did you manage to get the email address in the end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been reading your blog for a while. Thanks for the three beautiful things every day. It's made me remember to count my blessings. I had forgotten to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. more kisses than you know what to do with... gazing into each other's eyes... you're making a prudish american blush!

    seriously, though, it makes me very happy to see friends in love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love #3 today. As frustrating as parenting can be, having children really IS the best thing to ever happen to me. I wouldn't give it up for anything in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, calculating kiddies already -

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being a mom is spectacular . . . it even (if you can believe it) eclipses that marvelous, euphoreous feeling of being in love . . . gazing into one another's eyes! But for now, enjoy that gazing. Often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the diner's comment. It's like something magical when someone sees that pretty bubble of hearts above your heads and you know it's not just you. Reminds me of the time my boyfriend and I were at a BBQ festival and he had sauce all over his chin and hands from the food. I was making goofy love eyes at him and laughing. A woman leaned over with a smile and said, "I can tell this isn't the first date." :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. three things i love

    your blog

    your blog

    and u guessed it right, again your blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh sigh... You have once again stirred the romantic in me... isn't love beautiful?

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.