Friday, August 24, 2007

What are you doing, fixing the news and ten little piggies.

1. He-Who-Shall-N0t-Be-Named enquires as to what I am doing crouched behind a desk on the other side of the office. I say I am fixing Ellie's CD drive; but really, I'm putting his birthday card in an envelope.

2. Peter comes in to supervise the news. I sit with him and go over my commentary. I don't much like writing commentaries -- I feel like a fraud because I've never been directly involved with the National Health Service; and I'm not clever at organising my thoughts into arguments. But with the help of an experienced journalist, my facts and ideas line up and I feel proud to see the piece at the head of the news.

3. Looking down at my newly-painted toenails. I had a pedicure and we picked the colour 'bus stop'. We also spent some time giggling about some of the other colours -- 'basket case', a bright,wild bubblegum pink, springs to mind.

8 comments:

  1. what color is bus stop . Here it would be bright orange or yellow ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your work and have a good weekend.

    It has forts possibilities to have a conspiracy in England, so that the case of Madeleine is not clarified.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting a pedicure today! Isn't it the best thing ever?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Basket case? Perhaps you could have each foot done in a different color next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who is this David Santos character and why are his odd comments getting through on your blog? Certainly not a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. anonymous, I ask for excuse, but the people in England have to know the truth. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got some of his comments too. I went to his site. It's in Portuguese, I think. No clue what this Madeline thing is all about.

    Claire, congrats on your article!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy -- Bus stop is red.

    Katherine -- Madeleine McCann is an English 4-year-old who was kidnapped while on holiday with her parents in Portugal. She seems to have been spirited away, and there is a lot of speculation as to what her fate might be. Her parents are firm in their conviction that she will be found. They are campaigning to keep her story in the news, and against child trafficking. We can only hope that Madeleine is alive and safe and will be returned to her parents soon.

    David -- I do not believe that Three Beautiful Things is the best forum for this topic. I wish you the best of luck in your campaign.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.