Friday, March 20, 2009

Nothing spent, when you put it that way and soap.

1. I take out my week's spending money; and then use some of it to get my hair cut. I take the rest into a few shops; but don't fancy any of the things I thought I wanted.

2. My drawing teacher talks about 'getting information down'. This seems a lot easier to me than 'draw that skull'. It's just like taking some notes -- which I know I can do; rather than doing art -- of which I am less certain.

3. I like using a gritty bar of soap in the shower.

PS: Some of my drawing class's work is on display in the adult ed centre in Tunbridge Wells, including my crow.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a bit like that. When I don't have any money in my pocket I can see all sorts I would like, but when I do have money, I don't fancy anything! Love your crow picture. As a fellow artist and living very near to you I wonder how do you find places to display your work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie -- I'm really not an artist: I've been doing a drawing for absolute beginners class, and our teacher put our work up on the wall so his other classes could see what we'd been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clicked over to look at your crow... it's absolutely fantastic. A beautiful thing all its own. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.