Saturday, February 13, 2010

Milkman, pram and more room.

I forgot the podcast yesterday -- sorry folks. I'm planning to do it tomorrow (Sunday).

1. I open the door at first light. The milkman has left us two pints, and a large pot of yoghurt. Its big round lid seems to be smiling at me.

2. I walk down the hill and a mother with a pram is on her way up. She is talking nonsense to her baby, exaggerating sounds to make it laugh. I catch her eye, and we both smile.

3. The men from the charity shop have taken away an armchair. The sitting room is now so large that Nick can whirl me round without hitting anything.

Bud vase, tomato and the poem I needed to hear.

1. Among the faded cut daffodils that I'm putting on the compost heap there is one that will do for another day in a bud vase. 2. For th...