Friday, February 19, 2010

Wild things, spirits and final touches.

The podcast is live, with a bonus beautiful thing from Nick.

1. Alison says that people who are sensitive to their surroundings, and therefore nervous and anxious, have a touch of the wild about them. She tells me about a cat she has that is white with black markings (not the other way round). She asked the vet why this cat is always so jumpy, and he said "Feral cats are often white with black, so wildness is running through him." I think of all the nervy people I know in a completely new light.

2. I add a splash of brandy to my chicken gravy. It's a good combination.

3. To do a last few bits of work before bed, and go to sleep feeling as if I've stolen a march on tomorrow's deadlines.

Bud vase, tomato and the poem I needed to hear.

1. Among the faded cut daffodils that I'm putting on the compost heap there is one that will do for another day in a bud vase. 2. For th...