Friday, February 05, 2010

Tea, early and the act.

The 3BT podcast is live -- today with extra volume because I've discovered Audacity's amplify function.

1. Grabbing tea with a friend as she happens to be in town. She has some happy news.

2. As I am leaving for the theatre, Nick comes home unexpectedly early. "Who are you going with?" "By myself." "Would you like me to come too?" I would very much.

3. To see an actor's face change as she flips from part to part. I like to catch the moment (the out-breath, the dab of the handkerchief, the lifting of the shoulders) when she finds herself back in the narrator. The show, Austen's Women, is doing the Adelaide Festival in Australia, and then going to London. If you're a Jane Austen fan, it's strongly recommended.

Box of books, lighter coat and child asleep.

1. There is a heavy box of new books waiting on the stairs. 2.  There's a warmth to the air that makes me wonder if I should have put on...