Thursday, July 08, 2010

Clean carpet, putting up the bed and hallo Baby Badger.

1. Vacuuming a completely empty room. The dust where the sofa was is definitely not a beautiful thing -- but it was very satisfying to see it vanish under the snout of my loyal Dyson.

2. The bed must be completely dissembled before it will go upstairs. Nick and I work together, forcing in slats and passing the allen key back and forth. At last, it stands secure in the middle of the floor, and the room feels like home.

3. I am lying quietly at the end of the day. There's a flutter on the inside of my belly. Baby Badger thinks I'm paying too much attention to the new house.

Done, moon and Irish fairy tales.

1. A meeting that is over by 9.30am. 2. A big full moon is stuck on next door's chimney pots. 3. By my bed is a large and comforting boo...