Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Offered, break and a gentleman.

We're moving house today -- I'm not sure how quickly we'll get internet at the new place, so there may be some delays and erraticisms in posting for the next few days. 

1. Putting a thing you reckon no-one will want on Freegle, and getting a huge response.

2. To take a break and have a cup of tea and chocolate biscuit. We finish the packet because we don't want to have to move it.

3. I pick up a three boxes for moving from a wine merchants at the bottom of town. They are not heavy, but they are awkward. "Excuse me, can I help you with those?" A shy, sweet man from a group of Asian lads off to play football takes two from my arms and walks with me to the crossroads where Nick is meeting me. He works at restaurant in town called Mooli, and they're picking up some friends at the Nepali Ghurka. He comes from Pokhara, a city that we visited in 2001 on a family holiday. We stayed there in a lakeside hotel after a two-week hike, and it seemed like heaven.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...