Saturday, July 03, 2010

Perk up, love and cooler.

It's my day at Oxfam Bookfest (in case anyone has forgotten!). I'll be at the Chapel Place Oxfam Bookshop in Tunbridge Wells today from noon to 3pm. 

1. My courgette plants have drooped in the full sun. I move them into the shade, and marvel at how quickly the leaves perk up again.

2. Her love is so fierce and absorbing that her attention always turns back to this wailing, difficult baby. If that's how I am going to feel about Baby Badger, I am not afraid of anything.

3. In these hot days, my evening glass of soda water and Angostura bitters (cool with condensation) is very welcome.

Morning, errands and entertainment.

1. I murmur an acknowledging greeting to a passing bin man. He is a well brought-up African and replies with eye contact and a warm 'Goo...