Friday, May 11, 2012

Bubble, early and warm spot.

1. I love to sit in a coffee shop and work on the laptop. I love to be in a working bubble, not noticing anything about the people around me. It feels decadent and wasteful.

2. I am called to pick up Alec early because they think he's got chicken pox. "Oh, and he said a word today, but I can't for the life of me remember what," says one of the practitioners. He seems quite cheerful, but definitely spotty in places, so I take him home and we sit in bed with the biscuit tin and some train videos.

3. When I go up to bed Alec is lying right in my half. I shove him over and enjoy the warm, baby-shaped spot. He is a hot little body and always kicks off the covers I lovingly snuggle around him.

Poached egg, acer and bramble.

1. Carefully opening my poached egg so the yolk runs on to the toast. 2. The acer tree -- lime green edged with crimson. 3. Bramble shoots, ...