Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mayonnaise, lying still and mulberry bush.

Nick and I have been tittering all evening about this Ivor the Engine episode which features "a cornucopia of amorous protestations" and Jones the Steam climbing a ladder and accidentally disturbing a lady in the bath.


1. To spoon home made mayonnaise into an old Bonne Maman jar.

2. My mother comes and hangs out with Alec. I go upstairs and lie down. I'm too keyed up to sleep, but by the end of the afternoon, I feel closer to 'still' than I have done in days. Then she brings a slice of cake, a cup of tea and Alec upstairs so we can both spend some time admiring his remarkable cleverness.

3. Alec has finally lost his earworm -- I've had enough Wheels on the Bus to last me a lifetime. He's now on to Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush, which is useful because you can weave all sorts of personal grooming chores into it.

Escape, tulips and samosa.

1. This morning, I'm piling into a car with friends to escape into the Weald, where we will visit a garden planted with 45,000 tulips. 2...