Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Just waiting around, settling in and nursery tea.

1. We are too early for our room so we dig into one of the lounges, take some tea and play with Alec. We have no housework to think of and it is bliss.

1b. Bettany is unsettled and grizzly; the scramble this morning and the travelling have upset her. While I'm changing her nappy (what clean, elegant and characterful facilities this hotel has) I tell her that we've come on holiday, that we're going to have fun and then go home. I'm not sure, but I think she seemed happier after that.

2. To have someone else bring Alec his supper (and bring us ours, too). This hotel even has children's metal cutlery which delights Alec.

3. To cuddle up next to my husband in bed -- both children conked out early. The bed is huge, large enough to accommodate anyone small who wants to join us in the night.

We stayed at New Park Manor Hotel -- recommend it for anyone with children.

Bud vase, tomato and the poem I needed to hear.

1. Among the faded cut daffodils that I'm putting on the compost heap there is one that will do for another day in a bud vase. 2. For th...