Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Mother, father and lazy readers.

1. Oh thank heavens for visiting mother friends who are happy to pack my son into his coat, as well as zipping and buttoning her own children.

2. Alec falls over in the park. A lovely dad runs over to pick him up.

3. We both want a story but I'm not about to turf Bettany off, climb down from the bed  and go grovelling around in the bookcase, and Alec says he is tooooo tiiiiyurd to pick a book. So I order one up on my e-reader, Alligator Pie, as recommended in a comment the other week by Kristin. It has cool retro (by which I mean like what we had when I was little) illos and the poetry is daft and memorable like the best children's rhymes.

Bud vase, tomato and the poem I needed to hear.

1. Among the faded cut daffodils that I'm putting on the compost heap there is one that will do for another day in a bud vase. 2. For th...