Monday, February 24, 2014

Soldiers, delete and more loved.

1. Nick and Alec disappear for a few hours in the morning -- they go off to a war gaming open day. Alec comes back full of talk about riding on double decker buses and being allowed to roll dice, and of course, meeting up with Godfather Tibby.

2. To race quickly through my emails and delete most of them unread (I don't mean your comments and notes, of course -- those are always read avidly and (when they are kind) much enjoyed).

3. When I get back from my walk into town, and when Alec has woken from his nap, we enjoy a huge family cuddle on the sofa. "Have you ever felt more loved?" asks Nick, looking down at our two nurslings.

Bud vase, tomato and the poem I needed to hear.

1. Among the faded cut daffodils that I'm putting on the compost heap there is one that will do for another day in a bud vase. 2. For th...