Thursday, February 13, 2014

Two of us, dashing through the rain and stretch.

1. My poor baby is unhappy and poorly this morning. I am so glad it is just the two of us today. All she wants to do is nurse and sleep on me.

2. We try to sit out the rain in a coffee shop, but it outlasts my cappuccino. In the end I shelter Bettany under my coat and dash home with the wind roaring in my face. To peel off clammy clothes, to have a place for everything that needs drying and to retire to bed for the rest of the afternoon.

3. I actually get an opportunity to do my physio exercises - the stretch that gets the muscle under my shoulder blade is a much-missed friend.

Escape, tulips and samosa.

1. This morning, I'm piling into a car with friends to escape into the Weald, where we will visit a garden planted with 45,000 tulips. 2...