Thursday, February 21, 2008

Caw, nostalgia and a warm room.

1. A crow sits on the topmost branch of a tree in the park and caws that this is his territory.

2. I visit Caroline to drink tea, get solutions to all my problems and bounce Deedee on my knee. Then Oli comes home and we have lunch -- he serves up pasta (cooked in stock) with sundried tomato paste, olives and basil. Hearing him describe it makes me nostalgic for our old drive to work, when he would talk lyrically about what he made for dinner the evening before.

3. Coming out of the cold night into a room with a log fire and a red-shaded light.

Bud vase, tomato and the poem I needed to hear.

1. Among the faded cut daffodils that I'm putting on the compost heap there is one that will do for another day in a bud vase. 2. For th...