Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Heroine, more important things and fat cakes.

1. I am hurrying up the stairs to a seminar. Ahead of me is a lady, hurrying too. She says: 'Is this the way to the children's book seminar.' 'I think so -- the one with Jane Nissen.' 'Oh that's me.' So I get a chance to quickly tell her how much I appreciate her rescuing Marigold in Godmother's House. The seminar was about resurrecting children's books that had fallen out of print -- the market is parents who want to share the books they loved with the next generation.

2. The lift comes, but Elizabeth and I are too busy looking out of the window at London.

3. A mysterious box of birthday cakes with thick swirls of creamy icing has been delivered to the house by the Fenella Fairy.

6 comments:

  1. No fans of the fenella fairy in my house. she stole all my cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sound of the cakes - wish you had posted a photograph!

    Do you read Persephone books? I adore them - the transport you back in time, and are gloriously written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. did it happen to be cream-cheese icing? 'cause i love that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare - did Fenella home-make your cakes and icing, and would she share the recipe? They sound so yummy....FGL

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Fenella Fairy's top secret (only whilst cooking equipment is in moving boxes - hopefully normal home baked service will resume shortly) is to go to the John Lewis Food Hall - newly opened near Oxford Circus and chose from a mouth wateringly tempting range of dainty cakes and fantastic dinner party cheat desserts.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.