Saturday, August 15, 2009

Milk, tomatoes and Dear Writer.

1. This milk (which has not been homogenised) from Able and Cole is the colour of late afternoon sunshine on a winter day, and tastes the way milk tasted when I was at nursery school.

2. I find two tiny green tomatoes on my plants. They are the size of peas and pearls.

3. Dear Writer, an Afternoon Play on BBC Radio 4 challenges me and harrows me and enlightens me. I feel a bit as if I've been on a roller coaster, or just climbed a mountain.

4 comments:

  1. I've always wondered why milk was colder and fresher at that age.??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do know that in the UK, when I was little none of the milk was homogenised, so the cream always separated and floated to the top. But now, it's treated so the milk stays together. I don't know if that's got something to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never liked milk until I went to England. Then I realized fine milk was like fine wine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.