Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The pitch, writing life and sunflower.

1. On a pitching website, I read another writer's query letter, synopsis and first few pages and my 'I really want to read this book' radar goes beserek. Check out this gothic fantasy on Pitch Parlour. It has a soothsaying mermaid, gas lights and mudlarks in it.

2. I like sauntering up the road with the sun hot on my shoulders. I'm happy because I'm going to spend ten minutes being where and when I am so that I can write Once Around the Park.

3. The sunflower was watching me through petals closed tight as a fist yesterday morning. By lunch time, one to three o'clock had uncurled; and by nightfall only 11 to 12 o'clock remained.

Book treasure, worn and speaker.

1. Finding treasure in the Oxfam bookshop. I only popped in to look for a card. 2. Bettany doesn't wear makeup out and about, but noneth...