Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Dumpling, sandwich and decorations.

1. Nick is hovering as I serve up my dinner. Then he swoops to steal a fragment of dumpling.

2. I covet Nick's sandwich -- the piece of bacon, and the red tomato slices layered between flounces of spring green lettuce. The colours are so bright that you would think it was a plastic toy sandwich intended to delight a child.

3. In our quest for Christmas cards, we bring down the box of decorations. I dust it off and discover all the treasures I had carefully wrapped in last January's newspaper and then forgotten about.

3 comments:

  1. I like this -

    the red tomato and the colours so bright and the think it was a plastic toy.

    Strange how it doesn't take much to make someone feel something.

    It almost has something of William Carlos Williams about it, especially #2.

    Thank you.

    james
    jamesbent.com/blog

    (listening to Adele's Hometown Glory)

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 I love the finding again !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 I love the visual images of your words!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.