Friday, December 11, 2009

Round the parish, work fast and together.

Artist Amelia Critchlow has written a 3BT post over at 101 Birds -- we met while I was covering an exhibition here in Tunbridge Wells that includes her work. She's written about that, and the co-incidence surrounding our meeting.

1. I keep her company while she delivers parish Christmas cards. We enjoy the winter decay in other people's gardens, and good nosey at their front doors.

2. I get a piece of work that must be done quickly. It strikes me that it will pay for Christmas lunch.

3. I work late into the night while Nick cuts out his counters. When I come to bed, I apologise for having to work while he is home, but he says he likes being together silently.

3 comments:

  1. "I work late into the night while Nick cuts out his counters. When I come to bed, I apologise for having to work while he is home, but he says he likes being together silently."

    I like that bit - even though it's nice to read these regardless of whether I really connect with them or not, I like it when I read a bit that I can relate to.

    At night, my girlfriend paints and I write, and it's nice to be together in the same room even though we're doing our own thing.

    Silence between two people can be a good thing sometimes.

    A lot can be going on even without anything being said.

    James, Outré

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that's a really nice thing isn't it? Working on something and having the other's company unintrusively while you work. It feels solid somehow, and enriches botht the work and the relationship, I think.

    You can think of it when you're eating the turkey and bread sauce (I imagine inhabitants of Tunbridge Wells must have bread sauce...:~))

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.