Monday, November 15, 2010

Scarlet suit, pork and science fiction.

1. Katherine (who took our wedding pictures) brings us a beautiful scarlet snow suit to bundle our baby in.

2. The butcher was right -- we didn't need to do anything (except keep the joint dry) to get good crackling.

3. We watch Mark Gatiss' First Men in the Moon -- his naive Cavor was excellent, and I loved the schoolboyish glee at their first steps on the moon. I've also been having some fun getting my head round cavorite and its possible applications.

4 comments:

  1. I love Katherine's wedding pictures, they're just astonishing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, snow suits - make me shiver over hear. But it sounds cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet friend! Baby Badger will be warm and toasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crackling doesn't come with the pork here. Tom had a craving for it the other day, so I have to go and ask the butcher to find a piece of 'couenne'. He asked if I wanted it to put in a trap! The mind boggles...

    Anyway, we roasted it salted on its own, no other meat, and ate it with baked apple slices and roasties and carrots and gravy. Delicious.

    Trim the snow suit with white fur and make BB a white beard out of cotton wool - yo ho ho!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.