Friday, November 26, 2010

Snuggly, biscuits and night feeds.

Katie has posted a picture of the blanket she made for my increasingly spoilt baby.

1. No-one is getting much sleep at the moment -- I can't turn over in my sleep any more, and I can't sleep in one position for very long. I whisper my apologies to Nick as I make another awkward turn to get back into his arms. He says: "You're not being annoying -- you're being snuggly."

2. There are malted milks on the biscuit plate at yoga.

3. My beautician tells me to treasure the night feeds -- "When the moon is shining through the window, and it's just the two of you, and they open their eyes and look up... It's so, so special."

5 comments:

  1. I really like #3 because even if the youngest is 37, I remember those alone times when its just Mom and baby. All is right with the world...

    Bonnie

    http://bbonnieblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The night feed post has been echoing within me for days now. I am due to give birth in just over a week. I have been dreading the night feeds, as i found them so challenging and lonely the first time. This comment from your beautician has inspired me to think differently and treasure this time. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julia -- what a lovely comment. My beautician will be so pleased to hear that.

    Your baby must be due around the same time as mine :-) so if it gets too lonely, think of us -- we'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #3 has brought a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes.

    My 'baby' is about to turn 21 and I remember, as if it was yesterday, those precious moments of Oneness when it felt like there was just him and me in the entire universe...

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.