Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Nappy change, waiting in the rain and I heart you.

Alec is seven weeks old today.

1. Granny has a go at changing Alec's nappy for the first time. She says he has wonderful legs.

2. A fat schoolboy stands out of the rain. When we get round the corner, my mother says: "Poor little boy with glasses -- doesn't his mummy want him?" I tell her that he was probably quite happy because he had his nose in a fantasy  novel.

3. I use a paper template to mark a chocolate tart with an icing sugar heart. Quick and dirty, but passably romantic.

9 comments:

  1. I love 2. It's well known that fat boys find solace (from being fat boys) in comforting fantasy novels. It makes them feel like they're eating 'visual cake'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alec is a beautiful boy. The photo makes me feel a little more at peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Clare, your little boy is beautiful!!!! I love all of your beautiful things today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is so beautiful- I love all your three things today.
    Was feeling down as we are going to a meeting today because the local council are trying to close our local library which will make a big difference to our small community. But Alec has cheered me up and reminded me why we have to keep fighting, for all the Alecs who live here.
    I love your Blog! It reminds me that it is the little things (and particularly those who are growing bigger!) that matter most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read your blog every night and now I have a photo of Alec to keep in my mind as I follow all the beautiful moments he gives you and your family. You must be feeling better...out walking again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is the greatest Valentine ever- I can see your heart in my mind's eye

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just looking at Alec sleeping is calming! He's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not read my fav blogs in a while - but I can't believe that I missed Alec's birth and that he is already 7 weeks old today.... me really bad. congratulations - he is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.