Monday, June 24, 2013

Imp, bid and deadline.

1. I wake to the sound of running feet and shrieking giggles. When I go downstairs to investigate I find Nick in fruitless pursuit of a naked Alec, who is running in circles round the front room and the kitchen astride a wooden spoon.

2. I follow Nick's rule for online auctions: decide how much you want to pay and bid for that amount. I go to bed before the end of the auction feeling quite content. If I win, that's great; but if I lose I will have lost to an idiot who overpays for potty seats.

3. The deadline for changing our supermarket order passes, which means I don't have to think about it again until it arrives.

8 comments:

  1. Do you use Abel and Cole as I'm looking for someone to say recommended me, so that they can get a free gift? I like them for cheaper cuts of organic and free range meat and bones for stock.

    Love your posts as usual

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do and very much recommend them.

      Delete
  2. The first one had me giggling. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's still making me smile. Alec gets a bit over excited when he's nudey, it's like when you tickle him.

      Delete
  3. I love your playful stories! The spoon reminded me of Tatterhood or perhaps Kate Crackernuts . . .
    http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/norway122.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminded me of a woodcut from a medieval witch-hunting manual!

      Delete
  4. Nick's eBay rule has helped keep me sane over the last few years. Get him to tell you about the Law-Knight Constant of Wargame Show Spending ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pound per minute at the show -- uncanny.

      Delete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.