Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hats off, baby talk and castle of cards.

Lauren Bergold writes more about her 3BT experience -- check out the pictures of the journal she made to keep her beautiful things in.

1. A large square box containing a bowler hat and a top hat. My father says as we bring them down from the attic: 'I don't know what your grandfather would think of you using his hats for a burlesque course.'

2. A phone call from Cat in which I can hear Ellie in the background saying 'Clare'. I also hear Daniel noises.

3. Curling up with Italo Calvino's Castle of Crossed Destinies and comparing the stories to the tarot spread.

2 comments:

  1. The bowler hat is probably the one I put onin the midle of a sermon, age about 5 when bored! I think thay was the last time I was taken to church. How nice that it's kep as a souvenir, & a burlesque course sounds v appropriate. GGran would appreciate that anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm the only person in my family to even own a hat much less a hat box these days. My son has taken to wearing a cheesecutter cap to keep his hair out of his face. His older sister told him he'd be a "hottie" in high school if he kept his hair long and shaggy. I'm not so certain about that. It gets into his eyes and makes him uncomfortable, and he can't wear the hat at school.

    At school some of the younger kids know him as "the boy from England" despite the fact he has no accent and can't remember the place at all. We talk about going back and I think he'd really like it there. He's been raised on a steady diet of Black Adder and Monty Python just as I was. I think I need to find some Dr. Who videos though as we're lacking in that department.

    Sorry that's a bit off-topic, I haven't been here in a while.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Moderation is switched on: don't be alarmed if your comment doesn't appear right away.