Sunday, January 06, 2008

Dust, VIP and disposing of the corpse.

1. Katie empties the vacuum cleaner (a job I really, really hate) and then we do the sitting room and hall and see just how much grub has been hiding in our carpets, which is satisfying.

2. Bringing home a new desktop computer. When browsing on a larger screen and at higher speeds than I am used to, I feel like I did when Nick and I arrived at a posh hotel and everyone treated us as if we were very important and special.

3. It's 12th night, so people are taking down their decorations. We chop our tree up and put it in the bin -- which now smells pine-fresh; and later at night, we see a couple sneaking their tree down to the bottom of the park.

Bud vase, tomato and the poem I needed to hear.

1. Among the faded cut daffodils that I'm putting on the compost heap there is one that will do for another day in a bud vase. 2. For th...